Saturday, November 10, 2012

High School Vibes


          Every Fall I become obsessed with ~school vibes~, meaning all things that remind me of high school and being a miserable angsty teenager. I went to a public high school but prior to that I went to a Catholic school from grades pre-k to eighth grade (yeah, I know). Naturally, I loathed the uniforms we were forced to wear and anxiously counted down the days until the next "dress down day". Now it's been some time since I've been in middle school, but I can't help but look back and daydream about how I would have styled my uniform had I known anything about makeup, cute shoes and tailoring (not the most flattering garment). I mean, look at the way Alexis Krauss of Sleigh Bells wears my exact uniform. Why didn't I think of wearing my uniform with a letterman jacket, hoop earrings and a bat??Probably because I would have been sent to the principal's office and because I was lame

          My fixation on uniforms doesn't just apply to the Catholic variety. I've had a lifelong obsession with cheerleading uniforms. Up until college, I had never been to a school that had an official cheerleading team. In middle school we had a cheerleading club that met for one hour every Tuesday and was taught by the 5th grade history teacher up until funds ran out after just two months. In high school, my school didn't have any sports teams which meant no cheerleading squad. My only option was to relish over the perfect combination of clean cut uniforms, white sneakers and high bouncy pony tails in high school movies and television shows. This is going to be an ongoing theme for my next few posts these upcoming weeks so this is just somewhat of a preface and a space for me to purge all of my favorite ~high school vibe~ inspirations. Shout out to all the Catholic High School girls who rolled up their skirts when the sisters weren't looking, you make the world go round.





Let's just appreciate Alexis Krauss being everything I should have been in middle school.






A little over a year ago Petra Collins did a shoot for Rookie Mag which was everything I could ever hope for

Personalized cheerleading uniforms? Okay if you insist.
Satan's Cheerleaders (1977)
 Buffy Summers, my favorite vampire-slaying cheerleader


Chloe Grace Moretz as Hit Girl in Kick Ass
Students in Brazil
  

Taylor Momsen as Jenny Humphrey in Gossip Girl
This is almost the exact uniform I wore from grade Kindergarden to fifth grade except it looks cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment